Skip to main content

Adulting...

If you're anything like me, you have found a path you want to take to make a better future...Finally. It took you... forever, or at least it feels like forever, to get here. The first feel of accomplishment! You have bounced around from job to job, only to find yourself at square one, not being in love with what you do. And then you finally, finally find that something; something you wouldn't mind doing forever. Something that doesn't even feel like a job because of the joy it brings you! Well, it took me about 28 years to get there. Twenty eight years! 16 jobs, 5 different (and completely different) industries, 2 college degrees (different fields, also) and 2 state certifications later, I have chosen to do something new. Something I had no experience in and no exposure to previously, but something that I actually enjoyed. 
So here I was, 28 years old, starting from the bottom. In our society, most 28 year old 'should' have their lives figured out. People look at you weird, if you don't... and people sure did. This is my first time talking about this publicly and there is a reason why I share this with you. 
I have been in LA for the passed 5 months and I'm exactly a year into my new career. At this time last year, I worked my first gig, a show called "Yard Crashers". Since that time I have had over 30 different gigs, but all in the entertainment industry. I can't explain the joy it brings me to create something for public to see.  I have been fortunate to work with huge names, on huge shows, and huge events. I have gained a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge in this industry and have been working on utilizing it all on my personal projects. 
I recently have decided that I want to put all of my effort into getting a position in an ad agency. With a year of experience in reality TV, I now want to transition to commercials. Like I mentioned earlier, it took me 28 years to finally find an industry I like, and now I'm working toward narrowing my department. 
There is a specific reason I'm writing this and I need to get it off my chest. I have been struggling, and I really mean it, to get through to any of these agencies in LA. I feel defeated! I feel like nothing is ever going to happen. I feel like I have literally emailed multiple times to EVERY SINGLE FIRM out there. For the record I know I haven't applied to all, but it feels like it. And let me tell you, I have heard nothing back. Zero, nada, null. I feel like I spend hours applying to these companies, envisioning how awesome it would be to be a part of the creative team. I spend hours writing letters to them along with an application process and I feel that no one ever read it. I apply for positions I qualify for, I don't copy and paste my cover letters; I actually personalize it to each company depending on how I feel that I would fit in. I study their staff, I study their projects, I watch their reels, I even go as far as adding people on LinkedIn (is that stalking?!) that work for the agency. I do anything and everything that I think would be beneficial to my growth in the industry. Now, it's been about 2 months of consistent networking and applying for ad agencies and I haven't gotten too far. That feeling of accomplishment is being defeated by the feeling of rejection. How do I get through? How do I stay motivated? 
I'm still on a mission, as mentioned in the previous blog, not sure what mission that is yet. But when I get there I know it will be worth it. 

As Always Stay Classy My Friends
#laasonamission #laasbella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Icelandic Adventures

The Land of Ice awaits my arrival. Or so, I hope. I have dreamt of this for a long time. I'm so beyond excited to explore, yet another country. In just 11 short days, I will be getting on the plane, to depart for Iceland. I have so many things on my list that I would love to see, but so little time. With only 7 full days there, I'm torn to have to pick and choose which places I will have to miss this time. This trip is filled with exciting activities I've never done. I will be talking about each activity in a separate post after I experience it.  Iceland offers some of the most spectacular sceneries: endless waterfalls, volcanos, icebergs, farm houses, natural lagoons/hot-springs, ice caves just to name a few.  I’m also excited for the weather change. To wear a jacket, and gloves and a hat. Living in Florida for the passed 10 months made me really appreciate a little bit of that crisp air. I have been wearing nothing but dresses, so I’m excited for some la

Getting back into it...

Hell my fellow followers and friends. I have been out of touch for the longest time, but I never stopped thinking about my blog. I have so many great subjects to talk about, and I can't wait to share them with you. First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for still visiting my page even when I wasn't updating it. It's so amazing to see the page views grow daily! Second I will be adding some new subjects, like health and health issues, to my blog. And lastly I will reverse the time back a little so I can tell you about my amazing summer and it's adventures! So I want to start by sharing my first experience bungee jumping! My friend wanted to do that for her birthday and I never really had the wish to go bungee...But I changed my mind almost last minute and decided to go! OH MY GOD, let me tell you, the adrenaline rush is UNREAL! If you ever have a chance to do it, trust me you will not regret! It takes some commitment to jump, but if you just force your mind t

The South Coast of Iceland

Iceland! The land of so much more than ice. Volcanoes, canyons, countless waterfalls and wind that will blow you away, literally. Although the ice was practically non-existent, or at least the parts of the country that I encountered. The one place we did find ice it was absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite part of the trip. Never have I ever seen that kind of beauty. It’s a different kind of beauty than, say Bali (which is definitely my favorite place on earth), yet it was magical. The views were absolutely stunning. Something that didn’t even make sense to me was these huge blocks of ice we saw. They have been there for hundreds of years, and have never melted away. However, it’s not freezing and there is no snow. The water isn’t frozen! I’m so curious about how and why this is even possible? The ice was literally blue! So unreal.   Follow me on instagram for more images  @laasbella Stop number one: Diamond Beach Stop number two: Glacier Lagoon Diamond Beach Glac