Skip to main content

Only the Essentials

There is no reason to even question this because I already know that there are millions of people out there, just like me. The one’s who say "I will pack only the essentials and I will pack in advance to avoid overpacking.” Of course, it is left for last minute. This happens to me all the time and this is where I find myself trip after trip. Although I have really improved in this department, I've not mastered it.
I write a list with the items that I will take and, when I start packing, all of a sudden I 'need' all these extra things that weren't on my list.  Luckily, my test packing served as a huge favor and I was able to see how all of my essentials for my Icelandic adventure fit in the backpack I was talking about.
I'm extremely proud of myself for being able to fit all the winter clothes and still be able to bring my gear (camera, gopro, 2 lenses, batteries, charger, tripod, mini tripod, macbook & media)
Here is my list of exactly what I packed:
1 cute outfit (jeans, nice top and a pair of heels)
2 pairs of leggings 
1 hat
1 jacket
Uggs
1 pair of hiking boots
2 bathing suits
3 sweaters
1 hoodie
1 pair of waterproof pants
1 scarf
Pair of gloves 
2 tank tops
3 t-shirts
1 fur vest 
1 make-up bag, which contained travel size face care, toothpaste and perfume.

Of course I wanted to take more. I honestly probably should have taken more shirts at least, but luckily I was able to do laundry once and managed to make it work. I found that you always want to take more, whether you need it or not. But if you don’t give yourself the option, I promise you will make it work. That is if you are trying to travel light. If you don’t mind all the baggage and dealing with it, then more power to you. I, on the other hand, absolutely hate dealing with the luggage and don’t mind traveling with the minimal essentials. I also always say that if there is something I forgot and absolutely need, I can go buy it. 

I used every single piece of clothing I packed, which I love, because it makes me feel like I didn’t waste space or added unneeded weight. 

That completes my packing essentials. My trip was 8 days and 7 nights. We stayed at air bnb’s and hotels, which made that list much shorter than it would have need to be if we were to camp/get an rv (which was our original plan). 

It is still one of my goals/dreams to do a road/camping/rv type of trip around a foreign country, maybe Austria or Switzerland? Maybe around the state? Maybe both? A girl can dream.



I cant wait to share Icelandic adventures with you. I will be telling you little tricks and tips, in case you are planning a trip there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Icelandic Adventures

The Land of Ice awaits my arrival. Or so, I hope. I have dreamt of this for a long time. I'm so beyond excited to explore, yet another country. In just 11 short days, I will be getting on the plane, to depart for Iceland. I have so many things on my list that I would love to see, but so little time. With only 7 full days there, I'm torn to have to pick and choose which places I will have to miss this time. This trip is filled with exciting activities I've never done. I will be talking about each activity in a separate post after I experience it.  Iceland offers some of the most spectacular sceneries: endless waterfalls, volcanos, icebergs, farm houses, natural lagoons/hot-springs, ice caves just to name a few.  I’m also excited for the weather change. To wear a jacket, and gloves and a hat. Living in Florida for the passed 10 months made me really appreciate a little bit of that crisp air. I have been wearing nothing but dresses, so I’m excited for some la

Getting back into it...

Hell my fellow followers and friends. I have been out of touch for the longest time, but I never stopped thinking about my blog. I have so many great subjects to talk about, and I can't wait to share them with you. First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for still visiting my page even when I wasn't updating it. It's so amazing to see the page views grow daily! Second I will be adding some new subjects, like health and health issues, to my blog. And lastly I will reverse the time back a little so I can tell you about my amazing summer and it's adventures! So I want to start by sharing my first experience bungee jumping! My friend wanted to do that for her birthday and I never really had the wish to go bungee...But I changed my mind almost last minute and decided to go! OH MY GOD, let me tell you, the adrenaline rush is UNREAL! If you ever have a chance to do it, trust me you will not regret! It takes some commitment to jump, but if you just force your mind t

Traveling...

I love traveling. I love exploring what this world has to offer to me. 2 years ago I went to Europe. Visited my home country Estonia. Also stopped my Stockholm and London.  Today I'll share some of the pictures I took in Sweden.  Sweden was one of the most beautiful places I have yet seen. The part I visited was surrounded by water. It seemed as if the whole city is just sitting on top of the water.  The weather wasn't the greatest, as you could tell from the picture, but it was still a great experience. I also visited the Queen's castle, which was under construction, however I managed to snap a good enough picture  Im not sure what this building was but it was right next to the castle and looked really great so I snapped a picture of it as well Everything seemed as it's made out of gold. For example this was a random bank in downtown. It looks as if it's the castle it self. A cute park in downtown Stockhol