Skip to main content

Steven's Creek Trail

If there is one word that I can use to describe myself, it would definitely be an explorer! I'd love to explore a lot more than I get to, but I guess this thing called life, requires some balancing. Not too long ago I finally went on a hike, that I've been planning on going since I moved to Northern California almost a year ago! It's called Steven's Trail, about 50 minutes east of Sacramento.  I use AllTrail app on my iPhone to find hikes, and this particular one was marked as an 'easy' hike, despite it being 9 miles. I figured, perhaps it's just a nice little walk along a creek. Thank God I packed a small snack and a full camelbak of water! I mean, I know I haven't hiked in a while, but this, by no means was an easy hike. The elevation, the hills, the ups and downs, the rocks and its 9 miles! I don't know which pro graded that hike, but I would definitely give it at least a moderate difficulty. Nonetheless, It was a good morning exercise. I felt absolutely amazing after it, it just surprised my expectations. I broke a little sweat, finished 3 liters of water, along with my banana, and of course took a 100 pictures! It was a breathtaking view. The clouds were low and heavy when I started my hike at around 9 am.









 The temperature was around 52-54 degrees, crisp air, it felt wonderful. I would consider that the perfect hiking weather, especially if you're hiking 4.5 miles uphill and 4.5 miles downhill. There was a little creek at the bottom of the hike. Since I hiked this trail in late summer the water was really low, but still a tremendous view. Along my hike I passed by a cave, it looked very interesting, but I was afraid to interrupt the bear that could have been in there.


 I went during the week, Tuesday, so there was not much traffic on the trail. It was pretty quite, I encountered 3 other hikers total. I love a none crowded hike, where I can feel totally disconnected from the people and have a zen moment, or a few hours, to myself. 

P.S. If you're going to do the hike Come prepared! Pack water and something to snack on. Maybe a blanket so you have something to sit on once you get to the creek. Or yoga mat and enjoy some outdoor clearing of mind, body and soul. 






As Always, 
Stay Classy My Friends!

@laasbella (Instagram)
@Lala Bella (FaceBook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Icelandic Adventures

The Land of Ice awaits my arrival. Or so, I hope. I have dreamt of this for a long time. I'm so beyond excited to explore, yet another country. In just 11 short days, I will be getting on the plane, to depart for Iceland. I have so many things on my list that I would love to see, but so little time. With only 7 full days there, I'm torn to have to pick and choose which places I will have to miss this time. This trip is filled with exciting activities I've never done. I will be talking about each activity in a separate post after I experience it.  Iceland offers some of the most spectacular sceneries: endless waterfalls, volcanos, icebergs, farm houses, natural lagoons/hot-springs, ice caves just to name a few.  I’m also excited for the weather change. To wear a jacket, and gloves and a hat. Living in Florida for the passed 10 months made me really appreciate a little bit of that crisp air. I have been wearing nothing but dresses, so I’m excited for some la

Getting back into it...

Hell my fellow followers and friends. I have been out of touch for the longest time, but I never stopped thinking about my blog. I have so many great subjects to talk about, and I can't wait to share them with you. First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for still visiting my page even when I wasn't updating it. It's so amazing to see the page views grow daily! Second I will be adding some new subjects, like health and health issues, to my blog. And lastly I will reverse the time back a little so I can tell you about my amazing summer and it's adventures! So I want to start by sharing my first experience bungee jumping! My friend wanted to do that for her birthday and I never really had the wish to go bungee...But I changed my mind almost last minute and decided to go! OH MY GOD, let me tell you, the adrenaline rush is UNREAL! If you ever have a chance to do it, trust me you will not regret! It takes some commitment to jump, but if you just force your mind t

The South Coast of Iceland

Iceland! The land of so much more than ice. Volcanoes, canyons, countless waterfalls and wind that will blow you away, literally. Although the ice was practically non-existent, or at least the parts of the country that I encountered. The one place we did find ice it was absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite part of the trip. Never have I ever seen that kind of beauty. It’s a different kind of beauty than, say Bali (which is definitely my favorite place on earth), yet it was magical. The views were absolutely stunning. Something that didn’t even make sense to me was these huge blocks of ice we saw. They have been there for hundreds of years, and have never melted away. However, it’s not freezing and there is no snow. The water isn’t frozen! I’m so curious about how and why this is even possible? The ice was literally blue! So unreal.   Follow me on instagram for more images  @laasbella Stop number one: Diamond Beach Stop number two: Glacier Lagoon Diamond Beach Glac